SBI Car Loans offer low interest rates, easy repayment options, total transparency, no processing charges, finance to include vehicle registration charges, insurance and one time road tax. In case of new cars, loan is provided on any make or model. In case of old cars too, the loan is provided on any make or model, but the vehicle should not be more than 5 years old.
Advantage of SBI car loan:
Excellent service and lower costs. A quick survey of similar schemes available elsewhere and you will find that SBI car loans for new and old vehicles offer you :
- Lowest interest rates
- Longer repayment period of upto 84 months.
- No hidden costs or administrative charges.
- Finance for one-time road tax, registration fee, insurance premium and accessories
- No advance EMIs. (Some Banks/companies ask you to pay one or more EMIs at the time of disbursement of loan, thereby effectively reducing your loan amount.)
- Complete transparency: We levy interest on daily reducing balance method. When you pay one instalment, the interest is automatically calculated on the reduced balance thereafter. When you pay interest on an annual reducing balance, as charged by many other companies/banks, the interest amount for the coming year is determined on the amount outstanding at the beginning of the year. You continue to pay interest even on the amounts you repay during the year.
To avail an SBI Car Loan, you should be:
- Individual between the age of 21-65 years of age.
- A Permanent employee of State / Central Government, Public Sector Undertaking, Private company or a reputed establishment or
- A Professionals or self-employed individual who is an income tax assessee or
- A Person engaged in agriculture and allied activities.
- Net Annual Income Rs. 100,000/- and above.
There is no upper limit for the amount of a car loan. A maximum loan amount of 2.5 times the net annual income can be sanctioned. If married, your spouse’s income could also be considered provided the spouse becomes a co-borrower in the loan. The loan amount includes finance for one-time road tax, registration and insurance!
No ceiling on the loan amount for new cars.
Loan amount for used car is subject to a maximum limit of Rs. 15 lacs.
Type of Loan
1. Term Loan
2. Overdraft – a) For New vehicles only
b) Minimum loan amount: Rs. 3 lacs.
You would need to submit the following documents along with the completed application form if you are an existing SBI account holder:
- Statement of Bank account of the borrower for last 12 months.
- 2 passport size photographs of borrower(s).
- Signature identification from bankers of borrower(s).
- A copy of passport /voters ID card/PAN card.
- Proof of residence.
- Latest salary-slip showing all deductions
- I.T. Returns/Form 16: 2 years for salaried employees and 3 years for professional/self-employed/businessmen duly accepted by the ITO wherever applicable to be submitted.
- Proof of official address for non-salaried individuals.
If you are not an account holder with SBI you would also need to furnish documents that establish your identity and give proof of residence.
You enjoy the longest repayment period in the industry with us.
For Salaried: Maximum of 84 months
For Self-employed & Professionals: Maximum 60 months
Repayment period for used vehicles: Up to 84 months from the date of original purchase of the vehicle (subject to maximum tenure as above).
Prepayment fee of 2% of the amount of the loan prepaid will be levied subject to certain conditions.
0.50% of Loan amount and to be paid upfront.
Minimum: Rs. 500/-
Maximum Rs. 10,000
25% of Processing fee will be ratained if application is rejected after pre-sanction survey.
Now apply your SBI Car Loan